Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Shut In

I had a few "cool" topics to write about. Obviously I didn't. I haven't blogged in a while.

I cried for the first time today since the shelter at home started. I broke something inconsequential, but that was enough to open the floodgates. Just sat in the office I share with my daughter and sobbed. No question that I needed it, but I still feel silly crying over a cheap pot.

The four of us at home is getting to be rough. Fortunately the 17 year old does his own thing. We moved his desk and desktop computer upstairs since on line supplemental education starts tomorrow. We didn't want him having to share the downstairs office with his sister. She has started her PCC class. Economics. I have come to terms with her taking only one class. She is dealing with things no 20 year old, heck no one of any age, should have to deal with.

I am now sharing the office with her. I must say, she is keeping her desk much tidier now that I am in there. We even put some of my succulents on the windowsill. Eventually I want to put some sort of picture above my desk. I think I still have some old cross stitch projects that I framed. Maybe I'll use those.

Chris works from home now. His desk is in the family room. It is pretty hard on him. And it is frustrating for him to try to work and have meetings when the kids and I are wandering around.

I feel like a jerk complaining, though. Staying at home is a small price to pay to stop the spread of covid-19. And my husband still has a job, which just isn't happening for so so many people.

But at the same time, I know my feelings are valid. And writing about them will help me deal with them. To accept them is a step to finding ways to adjust and find healthy ways to cope with the stress.

How are you all coping?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I thought that it would become easier coping towards the end of the pandemic. Well, it didn't. I'm trying to become more independent and become an adult, but a global pandemic that keeps up the pressure sure doesn't make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being an adult is difficult at the best of times. And I speak as a middle age person. You are right, the pandemic makes everything more difficult. All we can do is take care of ourselves and do what we can to protect others. Hopefully it will eventually be under control and we can all relax a bit.
      Whatever you are dealing with, please know that there is at least one internet stranger who is supporting you and cheering you on!

      Delete