Friday, December 6, 2019

Awkwardly Back

10 or so years ago, I had a blog. It was called Shallow Coffee. And look, a new blog called Shallow Coffee! I had a few followers and just in case they find me again I will give an update on myself. A lot has changed in 10 years. I mean a freaking lot.  Don't worry some things have remained the same. Still married. Still a mom of 2. Still have a shiny happy mental illness. Take comfort in the familiar.

My youngest is now a junior in High School. I'm not sure when he magically became a 17 year old young man, but I think it was probably when I wasn't looking. I'm pretty sure he will be focusing on computer programming when he gets to college. But he could surprise us. Oh my gosh, he has to start thinking about college. That doesn't seem possible.

My oldest will be 20 this month. She came out as transgender about a year and a half ago. It has been interesting having a daughter. She has never been happier, and that is all I want for her. And also for her to go back to school full time instead of part time. (Hi, honey! I know you are reading this and it comes as no surprise. But you do you.) She has given me permission to blog about my roller coaster of feelings when she came out. I told her she could guest post if she wants. We brainstormed topics. So far we the best topic we have come up with is "WTF is wrong with people".

Still married to Chris. The man, the myth, the puts up with me legend. He works hard for the family and he finally broke me and now I like classic Doctor Who. I can't imagine being without him. He is stuck with me, but he doesn't seem to mind.

As for me personally, well there have been the usual ups and downs. New discoveries about myself. Yay, blog topics ahoy! The biggest change is that I am middle age and no longer give a shit about what most people think about me. It is pretty freeing. I'm giving myself permission to get rid of any outside negativity in my life. Uh, still working on getting rid of internal negativity. It's a life long process.

So there you go, Shallow Coffee. A blog about my random feelings and my random life.

No comments:

Post a Comment